This screen is activated when using the Add User button on the Users - List screen. Fill in the required fields, then click Save. It is virtually identical to the Edit screen on an existing user.
Choose the new user's login credentials.
- User name
- Password (repeat)
You have two choices as the new user's home directory:
- Create New Folder for Home - Choose this if you want to create a new private home directory for this new user now. You will then see the following fields appear.
- Folder name - Type in the new folder name you are creating.
- Parent folder - Choose the parent folder for the new folder. Defaults to / (site root).
- Use Existing Folder for Home - Choose this if you want to assign an existing folder as this new user's home directory. You will then see the following field appear directly below.
- Home folder - Choose the existing folder that you want as their home.
The following fields are all optional:
- Email - While not a required field, it is a good idea to always put the user's direct email address here.* Otherwise, the user cannot receive email notifications, password reset messages, etc.
- Real Name - Usually the person's full name.
- Team - If this user will have a Team Manager, choose his Team here.
- Comments - Can be used for just about anything.
*Warning: DO NOT use the same email address on more than one user. Every user should have a unique email address. Otherwise, password reset and expired passwords, etc. will not function properly.