This screen is activated when using the Add User button on the Users - List screen and then clicking on the Import Users tab.
1. Choose your File to Import
Choose a CSV file to import from your local file system, then click Save.
If you have never done this before or need a clean file to build your import list,
click the Download Sample CSV button. The sample file uses the following fields for import:
- Username (required) - This is your new user's login id.
- Password (required*) - This is your new user's password. If you have password strength requirements in place, it must pass those.
*If you have New User Invites enabled, this field may be blank.
- New/Existing Home (required) - Sets whether to use an existing folder as the new user's home directory or whether to create a new folder. Usage: N for New, E for Existing.
- Home Folder (required) - This will be your new user's home directory. If you chose New for the prior field, a new folder will be created. If you chose Existing, the directory and its parent (see below) must already exist.
- Parent of Home (required) - This is the full path to the home directory. This path will be validated and must already exist.
- Email - This is your new user's email address.
- Real Name - This is your new user's full name.
- Team - If this user will be managed by a Team Manager, include the Team this user will be on. Team will be created if it does not exist.
- Comments - Any comments you want for this new user.
2. Check for Errors
Once you have clicked Save, a report will display, showing one line for each line in your CSV file. How each line will be processed will be displayed in the far right column of this report.
- Line items that will successfully import will explain what will happen.
- Line items that will not successfully import will explain why not --
and will show this icon .
3. Cancel or Proceed
- If you want to correct your errors and start over, click the Cancel Import button.You will be taken back to the previous screen to choose another CSV file.
- If you have no errors -- or you wish to skip the line items with errors -- click the Proceed button. You will be taken back to the Users - List screen when your import completes.