What is File Sharing
File sharing allows any end user with download rights in a workspace to share files with third parties (non-users) by creating InfiniShare™ Links.
What are InfiniShare Links?
InfiniShare Links are signed URL's (URL's with a special token) that will allow temporary access to download anything from a single file to multiple files and folders without requiring a username and password for login.
Therefore, these links should be considered public links that can be shared with anyone.
How do the links work?
After selecting file(s) to share and creating an InfiniShare link, the user will be able to copy the signed URL to their clipboard so they can email the link to their intended recipient. When the link is clicked and the signed URL is visited, the third party recipient will immediately receive a download hand-off to their web browser; third parties will not be logged in and will not be able to see or navigate the same workspace as the user.
Administrators can control many aspects of the InfiniShare system.
How to Enable or Disable InfiniShare
- Allow users to create public links - This will toggle on or off the ability of users to create and share links. If this is off, the entire InfiniShare system is disabled and any unexpired links are no longer valid.
How to Manage InfiniShare Options
InfiniShare Options allow the site administrator to control the expiration of these links for added security.
- Number of days before link expires - This establishes the default number of days from creation upon which links will automatically expire, whether used or not.
- Allow users to change number of days - This determines whether the number of days for unused links can be overridden by the end user when creating the InfiniShare link.
- Number of uses before link expires - This establishes the default number of times a link can be used before automatically expiring.
- Allow users to change number of uses This determines whether the number of uses can be overridden by the end user when creating the InfiniShare link.
- Notify users when link is used - This establishes whether the user who creates the link will receive an email notification when the link is used. Requires that the user have a valid email address in their user profile.
- Allow users to disable notification- This determines whether the user can disable email notification when creating the InfiniShare link.
- Require password with link - This determines whether the recipient of a link will also have to provide a password. For logging purposes, an email address will be required along with the password.